Summer Day Camps at CBEC
Inviting all children back to their natural habitat! We want your kids to join us this summer as we embark on some incredible adventures. Whether it is catching a frog, exploring the trails, mucking through the marsh, or putting our toes in the sand, we are going to make some great memories! The summer is a great time to be on the Bay, to do fun, basic outdoor nature things, whether it’s going to look for tadpoles or using the seine nets to figure out who’s living in the Bay.
During summer camp, we will be exploring the Bay, making friends, and enjoying the outdoors- all while learning about the environment through a “hands-on, feet-wet” approach. Campers will connect to the natural world through art, close encounters with live animals, stories, games, nature treks, and outdoor play. While this summer is bound to be different than year’s in the past, the one constant is that CBEC is committed to creating healthier communities by connecting people to nature through adventure-based learning that contributes to the conservation of the Chesapeake Bay. Explore day camps offered at CBEC!
Register online: bayrestoration.org/camps or Contact: Ashley Peris at email@example.com . 443-786-0378
2022 Camp Calendar is HERE!
Session 1 -June 20-24 Outdoor Adventure Camp Grades 4-6
Outdoor Adventure Camp
- The outdoor adventure camps are filled with action packed fun through outdoor games and activities. Our outdoor adventure camps are some of our most magnificent day camp destinations! Campers will reconnect with nature through nature studies and exploration, and building confidence through activities such as kayaking, paddle boarding, and nature exploration. Other activities include hiking, science fun, building survival huts, sports and games, art, and more.
Session 2 - July 18-22 - Wild Discovery Nature Camp Grades 1-3
Wild Discovery Nature Camp
- This week we will be discovering all things wild in nature. We will catch frogs, use bug nets, build a fort, seine for fish, and squish your toes in the marsh! Enjoy outdoor summer fun along
the Chesapeake Bay. Rain or shine, we’ll spend every day outside. Campers will discover nature through exploration, crafts, and games.
Session 3- July 25-29 - Art and Music Adventures Grades 1-3
Art and Music Adventures
- Campers will have an entertaining week learning about and engaging in many art and music adventures. We will make nature paint brushes, create music out of natural treasures we find, and engage in fun outdoor games. Creativity will abound and the birds wont be the only ones singing and making songs at CBEC. Campers will create original works of music and art based on the sculptures and natural world around them.
Session 4- August 8-12 - Garden Chefs Grades 4-6
- Calling all little chefs! Find out what’s growing in CBEC’s gardens and get a chance to cook up a new snack each day! Go on a wild edibles hike, learn how to compost, and even make your own natural tie dye. Campers will learn how to make healthy choices and be a part of cooking a sustainable, farm to table dish from locally grown foods! It’s time to cook up a feast using the bounty of the earth. In this camp, we will create delicious culinary masterpieces while learning about fruits, vegetables, spices, and more earthen edibles
Session 5 - August 15- 19 - Water Wonders - Prek through K
- This week our littlest campers will have some big fun! We will do lots of outdoor water games, relay races and learn about the Chesapeake Bay. We will use dip nets and see what we can discover! Campers will make crafts, explore nature and engage in hands on activities.
Additional information for registered campers:
Online Camp Registration Access: To log back into your account for any reason such as to check or pay balance due, upload required permission or health forms, or download receipts/tax documentation, follow this link: https://campsself.active.com/chesapeakebayenvironmentalcenter.
Forms: Once you have registered, you will receive an email if there are any additional forms required for your camper.
Cancellation Policy: If cancelling more than 2 weeks of the start of a camp session, CBEC will offer full credit to be used for another camp session. If less than 2 weeks before the start of the camp session, you can receive a 50% credit.
Interested in Volunteering with Summer Camp? We are looking for energetic, responsible counselors ages 16+ to join us. High school students, college students, parents, grandparents, and community members are all welcome! More information here. College interns, please visit: http://bayrestoration.org/college-internships/.