Have a few extra hours to share? Why not consider becoming a volunteer! CBEC depends on the generous contributions of a large cadre of volunteers.
Volunteer opportunities abound at CBEC – whether you want to drop in a few times a month to assist with a project or event, or help out on a more regular basis.
- Like to engage youth in a hands-muddy, wet feet approach to learning about the environment? Consider assisting with educational programs, School’s Out and Summer Camp, our early childhood education Creepy Crawler programs, guided kayak trips, or guided hikes.
- Are you a “meeter and greeter”? Help staff the front desk of the CBEC Visitor Center.
- Miss your yard work after downsizing? Help with trail maintenance, landscape projects, landscaping, mowing, maintaining the Pollinator Garden.
- Like field activities that benefit conservation efforts? Consider becoming a feeder or handler of CBECS’s captive birds of prey. Help maintain our birds’ living quarters. Participate in our team of wood duck box monitors and help with other initiatives to support wildlife.
- Not up to the physical demands of in-the-field work? Help with fund-raising events, or consider some of the behind-the-scenes operations that support CBEC, including website development, writing for newsletters and events, developing photo archives, and supporting office staff.
You can see that it takes a village to support CBEC staff and to carry out CBEC’s important mission of education, conservation, and maintaining our beautiful property.
To become a volunteer, apply here. You’ll be contacted by a CBEC volunteer coordinator who can answer your questions and connect you to opportunities you’ll enjoy.