Registration is open for 2019!
Paddle CBEC’s Peninsula – July 13th 2019
All proceeds benefit CBEC’s Environmental Education Kayaking Programs!
Experience the wonders of the wetlands that surround the Chesapeake Bay Environmental Center in Grasonville, MD during this unique opportunity to circumnavigate the “Horsehead Peninsula”. This 3 mile, safety supported paddle will give you a new perspective of CBEC as you paddle through waters of Cabin Creek, Kent Narrows and Marshy Creek, while offering a celebration of your aquatic Chesapeake adventure at CBEC’s Lakeside Pavilion following the paddle. Entertainment, Food, and Brews will await the participants at a lively after party!
Registered Participants will receive:
FREE BOTTOMLESS BEER CUP AND EVENT T-SHIRT!
A Beer Truck will be on site pouring Miller Lite, Blue Moon, and 60 Minute Dogfish IPA. Spectators can buy a Bottomless Beer Cup for $20 on event day.
NEW FOR 2019!
The Holiday Inn Express at Kent Narrows will have a block of rooms at a discounted rate for Paddlepalooza participants! Come, stay, and make a weekend out of your paddling adventure! Call for availability and to book your room. 1-800-315-2621 Must mention Paddlepalooza at time of booking.
Special thanks to The Jetty Bus for being our participant shuttle again this year!
All registrations must be submitted by July 9th, 2019.
Note: This is not a race. Pre-Registration is required.
Vessels allowed: Kayaks, Canoes, or Stand Up Paddle Boards
If bringing your vessel: you must provide your own paddle and US Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (PFD).
If CBEC or other on site vendor is providing your vessel (reservations required and supplies are limited), all paddles and personal flotation devices will be provided.
All participants must wear a fully fastened “PFD” and wear a whistle (must provide)
All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. No parties under the age of 18 may be a solo kayaker.
All participants must sign a waiver/release form.
$65 dollars per participant: March 1-April 30th
$75 dollars per participant: May 1-June 31st
$85 dollars per participant: July 1-July 9th
$25 dollars to rent a CBEC provided Kayak *Supplies are limited, reservations are required:
*CBEC MEMBERS ENJOY FREE KAYAK RENTAL UNTIL SUPPLIES LAST!
For kayak rentals, contact Karen Bogue, Paddlepalooza Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org .
$25 dollars (members) or $35 (non-members) to rent a SUP from Dragonfly Paddle and Fitness
* Supplies are limited, reservations are required: CLICK HERE
Contact Karla Horton at: email@example.com
*Fees are non-refundable and will be considered a donation if the event is cancelled due to inclement weather including “Small Craft Advisories.” Donation letters for tax purposes will be provided in this event.
Schedule of Events:
Pre-Event Day, Friday, July 12th
- 4pm-7pm Optional Equipment Drop-Off at Start Point at CBEC (Wanuga Lane) *Participants will receive a free raffle ticket for a chance to win one of our raffle baskets for dropping off early.
Event Day, Saturday, July 13th
- 8:00am-9:30am Equipment Drop-Off and Check In at Start Point at CBEC (Wanuga Lane)
- 8:00am-9:30am Participant Transport (Between Start Point and Parking Lot/Lakeside Pavilion)
- 9:00am First Wave Safety Briefing and Start
- 10:00am Last Wave Safety Briefing and Start
- 2:00pm All Boats Must Be Off Water
- 10:30am-3pm Lakeside Pavilion Party
General Event Rules:
- No event day registration
- PFD’s must be worn at all times.
- Paddlers must stay within 100 feet of shoreline
- Everyone must exit the water by 2:00pm
- Wear Bib number on front. No folding or cutting.
- No headphones
- Bring your own refillable water bottle! – REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
- Event organizers reserve the right to disqualify participants for medical reasons or misconduct and may alter the course to assure safety.
- Bring your own whistle
- Dogs on leash that are registered CBEC Members are allowed on property but not on water in or on a vessel:
- Link to CBEC/Dog Membership
Sponsorship and Donation Opportunities
Looking for ways to contribute and support this event and help raise more money for CBEC’s Kayak Wetland Education Programs? Consider being a Paddlepalooza Sponsor or Donate Needed Materials! You can make your contributions online with a credit card today by clicking on the appropriate blue buttons at the top of this page. You can also download the below forms and mail in payment by check to CBEC, P.O. Box 519 Grasonville, MD 21638.
Click here for more details: 2019 Sponsorship Opportunity Form
Click here for more details: 2019 Paddlepalooza Donation Form
Suggested Donated Items: Non Perishable Snacks for participants, Beverage Cooler Dispensors, Whistles, Cones, Bottled Water, Ice, Paper Towels, Walkie Talkies etc.