The Chesapeake Bay Environmental (CBEC) in Grasonville, MD is a 501©3 non-profit organization whose mission focuses on education, research, conservation, and habitat restoration. We are excited to bring you the 6th Annual CBEC Little Bobbers Fishing Derby which will not only raise funds for creating fishing reefs and oyster beds at CBEC but also introduce kids to the hobby of fishing and all the fun that goes with catching the big one!
How to participate:
- Sign up online (registration is free thanks to sponsors)
- Come out to CBEC on August 6th and check in by 9:30am then pick your spot at a pond.
- Bring your sense of humor and bug spray!
- Enjoy a little family time!
Fishing Derby Rules:
- All participants must be between the ages of 3-9 and accompanied by an adult.
- All participants must register.
- Fishing is limited to the CBEC ponds designated on the map below.
- You can bring your own gear or use ours (please reserve a rod when filling out the registration form)
- All fishing is catch and release.
Other opportunities for the whole family include: seeing captive birds of prey, hiking five miles of trails, exploring the beach and renting kayaks.
If you have any questions please email Vicki Paulas at firstname.lastname@example.org